Greater Sydney Local Land Services will host a free flood recovery workshop focused on pasture recovery and fodder options in Richmond.
Facilitated by Technical Specialist in pastures and forage and former NSW DPI District Agronomist, Neil Griffiths, participants will hear expert advice and insight into all aspects of pasture recovery and livestock feed options post flood.
Topics covered on the day will include:
- pastures that might survive a flood
- differences between spring, summer, autumn and winter floods
- replanting - how, when and what to plant?
- how to sow - seeding rates and fertiliser
- weeds after a flood
- cautions for pasture improvement
- using and buying hay or silage after a flood
An interactive event featuring a flood paddock walk and opportunities for questions and discussion, the workshop is open to landholders, industry and community members impacted by the recent flooding emergency.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, April 15, 9.30am-12pm at the Greater Sydney Local Land Services Demonstration Farm at 40 Edwards Road, Richmond Lowlands.
The cost is free but registration is essential at bit.ly/GS21FRP