If you're looking for ways to keep the kids entertained this school holidays, take note of the packed schedule of activities on offer by Hawkesbury Library Service and Hawkesbury Regional Gallery.
All of the activities are for school-aged children, with those aged under 10 to be accompanied by and adult.
COVID-safe requirements will be in place and there will be limits on attendee numbers. So, early bookings are not only required but essential.
The following workshops will be held at Hawkesbury Central Library, ground floor, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street, Windsor.
- Enchanted Coasters: Tuesday, September 29, 10am-11.30am. Draw inspiration from your favourite fairy-tales to design a coaster made of pearler beads. Like magic, the beads harden when they are ironed. Cost is $5, with all materials supplied. For ages five and up.
- Magician's Juggling Balls: Thursday, October 1, 10am-11.30am. Learn how to make a set of juggling balls to practice this talent at home. Event is free and aimed for children aged eight and over.
- Shimmery Slimey Slush: Tuesday, October 6, 10am-midday. Make potions that will shimmer and sparkle. These magical science experiments use ingredients found in the kitchen cupboard. Cost is $5, with all materials supplied. For ages eight and up.
- Magic Picture Frames: Thursday, October 8, 2pm-3.30pm. Learn how to make a picture frame where the image magically changes colour. Activity is free and for children aged five and over.
Bookings are essential via Eventbrite hawkesburylibrary.eventbrite.com or call 4560 4460.
Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, first floor, Deerubbin Centre, 300 George Street, Windsor, has an equally exciting program.
Each of the following activities cost $20 (all materials supplied). Again, bookings are essential and can be made via Eventbrite hawkesburygallery.eventbrite.com or calling 4560 4441.
- Mini Worlds: Wednesday, September 30, 10am-midday. Test your creativity and imagination while building a mini world hidden inside a pretend book, using a variety of model making materials and techniques. For children 10 years and over.
- Balloon Animal Art: Friday, October 2, 10am-midday. Using paint marker pens learn how to draw and layer to create a quirky framed artwork of a balloon animal.
- Creepy Pet Rocks: Wednesday, October 7, 10am-midday. Have fun painting a cluster of ghoulish zombie rock monsters.
- Fruitylicious: Friday, October 9, 10am-midday. The gallery's artist tutor will guide participants in painting their own bright bowl of fruit. Learn a range of painting techniques while creating a still life masterpiece.