Hawkesbury MP Robyn Preston believes an extensive list of transport infrastructure projects funded in the recent State Budget is reason for residents to get excited.
Of the $14 billion package, $50.6 million has been allocated to projects in the Hawkesbury region.
- $18.2 million to finish the Windsor Bridge replacement Project;
- $13 million for the continued planning of Pitt Town Bypass;
- More than $9 million for the upgrade of March and Bosworth street's intersection as part of Richmond Road upgrades near Richmond Bridge;
- $6 million for continued planning and investigating for the third river crossing at Richmond/North Richmond;
- $1.5 million for managing regional flooding in the Hawkesbury-Nepean Valley; and
- $1.9 million to upgrade the Wisemans Ferry boat ramp, installation of a pontoon and construction of a car park.
Ms Preston said that the works were a boon for the area.
"These game-changing projects not only improve local journeys but also create jobs and deliver economic benefits at a time when they are needed most," she said.
"We are also providing $1.6 billion for bus services throughout the state, including school services and funding for new and replacement buses.
"We know how important these services are and we will continue to not only build for the future, but also deliver services where and when they are needed."