A number of footpaths and roads around the Hawkesbury are set to improve in coming months as the council puts to use more than a million dollars in Federal Government community infrastructure funding.
Hawkesbury Council received $1.08 million to complete works at North Richmond, Freemans Reach, Hobartville, Richmond, Windsor, McGraths Hill, Mulgrave and Pitt Town.
The projects were selected for a variety of reasons, including the speed at which they could be achieved.
Council will consider separately a range of further projects as a second stage for longer term strategic projects.
It is hoped these projects will be prioritised and ready to begin in July 2021 or sooner following community consultation, said Hawkesbury Mayor, Council Patrick Conolly.
"We will use this unique 'one off' funding opportunity to benefit as many areas of the Hawkesbury as practicable, while also pursuing some longer term strategic benefits offered by this funding," he said.
"Regarding Stage 2 projects, council will aim for unique projects that will leave an enduring legacy.
"Once the Stage 2 projects have been determined, council will communicate with relevant local businesses about the upcoming opportunities to ensure that interested businesses will be ready to participate in any procurement process."
Stage 1 paving and other works are as follows:
- North Richmond - Charles Street footpath, east side from school to Bells Line of Road
- North Richmond - Riverview Street, south side from Pitt Lane to Grose Vale Road
- North Richmond - William Street, south side from Charles Street to Grose Vale Road
- Hobartville - Hereford Street, south side from Laurence Street to Castlereagh Road
- Hobartville - Lawrence Street, east side between roundabout and Harold Avenue
- Hobartville - Minchin Avenue, north side between Luttrell Street and Lawrence Street
- Hobartville - Thompson Avenue, south side between Douglas Street and Valder Avenue
- Richmond - Windsor Street, between Hobart Street and Pitt Street
- Windsor - Arndell Street, south side between George Street and Court Street
- Windsor - Court Street, both sides between Pitt Street and Arndell Street
- Pitt Town - Bathurst Street, north side between Buckingham Street and Eldon Street
- Pitt Town - Chatham Street, missing section between service station Garage and Eldon Street Shops
- Pitt Town - Eldon Street, south side between Somerset Street and Chatham Street
- McGraths Hill - Andrew Thompson Drive, from McGrath Road to Red House Crescent
- Freemans Reach - Kurmond Road Freemans Reach Road rehabilitation and resealing
- Mulgrave - Cuneen Street, rehabilitate section north of Curtis Road