Hawkesbury City Council's historic Windsor Bridge - Saved by the Bell - campaign petition signing has been postponed due to concerns surrounding COVID-19.
The campaign that was launched from Thompson Square on Friday, July 3 urges the NSW Government to save the historic Windsor Bridge from planned demolition.
Hawkesbury City Council believes the bridge is an important part of the heritage of the Hawkesbury.
"Originally people were encouraged to book their spot and come along to Thompson Square on July 19 to sign the petition and ring the bell in support of the campaign," a Hawkesbury City Council spokesperson said.
"However, we have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and the changing restrictions, and for this reason we have decided to cancel the petition signing on July 19.
"We urge you to contact the NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian and voice your concerns about losing the Windsor Bridge."
The council said this can be done by:
- Tweeting @GladysB on Twitter
- Mentioning @GladysB on Instagram
- Tagging @GladysNSW on Facebook
- Contacting the Premier - www.nsw.gov.au/premier-of-nsw/contact-premier
Or by doing the same will Hawkesbury MP Robyn Preston:
- Tweeting @RobynNSW on Twitter
- Mentioning @robynprestonmpforhawkesbury on Instagram
- Tagging @RobynPrestonMPMemberforHawkesbury on Facebook
- Via Emailing - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the petition, contact Defenders of Thompson Square Inc. by email email@example.com or call Cheryl Ballantyne on 0409 846 382 or Patricia Schwartz on 0419321276.
For information about Thompson Square visit www.cawb.com.au/thompson-square.html