Council has added to its list of closed facilities as part of its coronavirus (COVID-19) response, following advice from the NSW and Federal Governments.
Council's Coronavirus Community Update webpage at www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/Covid19 provides local information for the community about the virus.
The following Council facilities are now closed until further notice:
- Hawkesbury City Waste Management Facility
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter - by appointment only; closed Good Friday, 10 April 2020 through to Easter Monday, 13 April 2020
- Hawkesbury Community Nursery
- Hawkesbury Sports Council
- Playgrounds and play equipment
- Skate parks
- BBQ facilities
- Outdoor gym equipment
- All tennis courts
- All community centres
- Council's Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Richmond Branch Library
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Richmond Swimming Centre
- Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, South Windsor
- Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium
- Upper Colo Reserve.
The following services and facilities are operating as usual:
- All waste collections - domestic, recycling and green waste
- Kerbside collection
- Council meetings
- Customer Service contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Visitor Information Centre contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Council operated ferries
- Initial documentation for Development Applications may be dropped off for review at the front of Council's Administration Building in the mailbox at 366 George Street, Windsor.
Council recommends community members call their local community centre to determine services available. Use the link for the phone number of your service at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/services/other-key-services/community-directory.
Library members are encouraged to use the range of online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudio, children's games and activities available at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/elibrary.
You can join the Library online then call the Library to complete your membership. You will be issued with an online only membership, which can be upgraded to a full membership upon showing ID when Hawkesbury Library Service reopens.
Council encourages everyone to use its online services at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and for any enquiries, including bushfire recovery enquiries, call Council's Customer Service on 4560 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full list of all facilities and services included as part of Council's operational response to COVID-19 is available at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.
Council will keep all community members, organisations and staff updated of any changes to its operations during the COVID-19 pandemic at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and www.yourhawkesbury-yoursay.com.au/Covid19 and on Council's official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil.
Council is reminding members of the public to practice good hygiene guidelines, including correct handwashing and social distancing as promoted by the NSW and Federal Governments. To obtain accurate and official information about COVID-19, go to the NSW Department of Health website at www.health.nsw.gov.au and the Federal Government website at www.health.gov.au.