In order to try to protect our community, the following Council facilities are now closed due to coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Council's Administration Building
- Hawkesbury Central Library
- Richmond Branch Library
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery
- Richmond Swimming Centre
- Oasis Aquatic and Leisure Centre, South Windsor
- Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium
- Hawkesbury Community Nursery
- Upper Colo Reserve.
The following facilities are operating as usual:
- All waste collections - domestic, recycling and green waste
- Kerbside collection
- Waste Management Facility
- Hawkesbury Companion Animal Shelter
- Council meetings
- Customer Service contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact)
- Visitor Information Centre contact via telephone, email and Facebook (closed for in person contact).
With the two libraries closed, library members are encouraged to use the range of online resources including eBooks, eMagazines, eAudio, children's games and activities at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/library/elibrary.
If you want to join the library, you can do so online and then call the Library to complete your membership - you will be issued with an online only membership, which can be upgraded to a full membership upon showing ID when Hawkesbury Library Service reopens at a later date.
Council encourages everyone to use its online services at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and for any enquiries, including bushfire recovery enquiries, please call Council's Customer Service on 4560 4444 or email email@example.com.
A comprehensive list of all facilities and services included as part of Council's operational response to COVID-19 is available at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au.
Council says it will keep all community members, organisations and staff updated of any changes to Council's operations during the COVID-19 pandemic at www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au and on Council's official Facebook page www.facebook.com/hawkesburycitycouncil.
Council reminded members of the public to practice good hygiene guidelines, including correct handwashing and social distancing as promoted by the NSW and Federal Governments.