Embattled South Australian MP Sam Duluk has failed to "come clean" on the entirety of his inappropriate behaviour at a pre-Christmas party, Premier Steven Marshall says.
Mr Marshall on Friday banished Mr Duluk from the Liberal Parliamentary Party after learning of more allegations against the Waite MP and following the launch of a police investigation.
The premier would not be drawn on the nature of those new allegations on Saturday, but said the MP's behaviour fell well short of what would be expected of any member of parliament.
"I'm very disappointed with Sam Duluk who I don't think has come clean with me on the actions that took place on the 13th of December," Mr Marshall said.
"Sam Duluk wasn't upfront with me from day one.
"We've had a drip-feed of information of what occurred on that evening. Now we have further allegations, we have a police investigation underway and Sam Duluk is no longer a member of the parliamentary team."
It was previously alleged he slapped SA-BEST upper house member Connie Bonaros on the buttocks at the Christmas party held at Parliament House.
He is also accused of sending her unwanted text messages.
Police confirmed on Friday they are investigating an allegation of basic assault and had reported Mr Duluk.
Ms Bonaros declined to comment on the police investigation.
Further concerns were raised over Mr Duluk's behaviour at the same event, including suggestions he made homophobic and racist comments.
Mr Duluk apologised both publicly and directly to Ms Bonaros, and quit his lead role on a parliamentary committee last month.
He told state parliament last week he deeply regretted his behaviour at the Christmas event.
"My behaviour on that evening was not consistent with my character and values," he said.
Parliamentary Speaker Vincent Tarzia has also instigated an independent investigation into Mr Duluk's conduct, but conceded recently he had no power to impose any sanctions.
A report from that investigation is due to be finalised soon.
Mr Marshall said details of the further, but as yet undisclosed allegations against Mr Duluk, were not provided by the MP himself.
He said whether or not the latest allegations result in further charges was a matter for police, but the premier committed to co-operating fully with any investigation.
In a statement, Mr Duluk said he would suspend his membership of the Liberal Party and take leave from the parliament.
But he said he would continue to serve the voters in Waite as their local member.
However, Deputy Labor leader Susan Close said the evidence stacking up against Mr Duluk meant he should consider no longer being a member of parliament.
Australian Associated Press