Residents have expressed "distress" over a lack of information on proposed routes for the bridge duplication at North Richmond, according to Macquarie MP Susan Templeman.
Transport for NSW has released a statement saying the community has until Friday, December 20 to provide feedback on the proposed routes, and that all comments would be considered in the determination of the preferred option.
But residents near the bridge and surrounds have taken to social media stating they had not received notification from the government over the proposals, with many not getting a letter until yesterday (Wednesday).
Ms Templeman said early indications were that the State Government "haven't learnt anything from their disastrous [Bells Line of Road/Castlereagh Connection] Corridors announcements made in 2018.
"Again, we have 'announcements' about potential route options being made, and I'm already hearing from residents whose homes appear to be directly affected that they have been given no information," Ms Templeman said in a statement.
"My office took a call this morning [Thursday] from someone in great distress because they'd heard through friends that one of the route options appears to go directly through their property.
"The friends had seen something on social media and had been letterboxed, yet this resident had received nothing in the mail.
"I'm also advised that one retirement village received a single notice for its dozens of residents."
While welcoming the news that the project was moving forward, Ms Templeman said she had "said all along that the community needs to be properly consulted.
"There's not a lot of opportunity for people to go and ask questions about the route options at the public meetings - only two, two hour windows," she said.
"And home-owners hearing third hand or via social media that their homes are on potential routes is not acceptable.
"Either someone jumped the gun in making the 'announcement' before all affected residents could be letterboxed, or the State Government has failed again in how it informs people that their homes could be in the firing line."
Liberal Senator for Western Sydney, Senator Marise Payne, said she was pleased that the next milestone for the project had been reached.
"Delivering major infrastructure projects like the third crossing requires detailed planning work and it is important we get it right," Senator Payne said in a statement.
"Residents and community groups have multiple ways they can access the latest information about the project, including by attending drop-in consultation sessions, visiting the project page online, or by directly contacting the project team over the phone or by email.
"To date, the feedback from the Hawkesbury community has been very constructive and I look forward to continuing to work with residents and community groups to see this project through to completion."
Community information sessions will be held at North Richmond Community Centre and Richmond Community Services on December 4 and 7 respectively. The potential routes and information session locations can be found on the project page.