Some great performances for Hawkesbury Cricket Club during the tough weekend

Hawkesbury Cricket Club faced Parramatta in the first day of a two day match on Saturday, November 2.

The Hawks First Grade elected to bowl and after a slow start at home they snagged two quick wickets putting Parramatta at 2/69.

Leader: Peter Forrest continues to perform with the bat for Hawkesbury's First Grade. Picture: Geoff Jones

Leader: Peter Forrest continues to perform with the bat for Hawkesbury's First Grade. Picture: Geoff Jones

Unfortunately, from there Parramatta took over with Timothy Ward and Brenton Cherry hitting 117 and 127, respectively. Parramatta declared on 9/405, with Abdul Hameed Kherkhah bowling 6/102 from 32 overs.

The Hawks were 0/5 at stumps.

Second Grade fared a bit better as they were all out for 236, led by the young Patrick Moore (who is coming off of a maiden century) and Rehan Anjum who as they slotted 63 and 53, respectively. Parramatta were 0/13 at stumps.

Third Grade had a long day in the field with Parramatta scoring 8/283 at stumps. Gabriel Venica-Singh led the bowling with 4/48 in his first match in Thirds.

Fourth Grade also spent the day in the field as Parramatta hit them for 290.

One of Hawkesbury's new comers, Mo Singh bowled 5/81 alongside Matthew Williams' 3/56 with five maidens.

Parramatta was dominant in Fifth Grade as they hit 6/301 before declaring.

Hawkesbury's bowling attack was led by local, 20-year-old leg spinner, Nixon Inskip, who managed 5/92.

On Sunday, October 3 at Whalan Reserve, Hawkesbury's Sixth Grade faced Blacktown in day one of a two-day match in the Sydney Metropolitan Cup.

They batted first with Mitch Roeder hitting 121 runs and 48-year-old Sanjiv Dubey who hit 61. Sixth Grade were 9/276 at stumps.

Also on Sunday, Hawkesbury's First Grade T20 side were playing a double header at home. In game one they faced Northern districts in a thrilling match that came down to the final bowl.

After setting a total of 3/189, including 83 from wicket keeper Ryan Mizzi, 48 from captain Peter Forrest and 46 from Dale Mckay, Hawkesbury felt they were in a solid position.

Northern Districts came out and batted well in the final few overs to need only two from the final bowl. After a fielding error by Hawkesbury, Districts were able to score two and win.

"We had them down to around 7/120 with six overs to go and we let them get away with a lot after that, which was disappointing," said club president Hugh Mckay.

In the second match, Hawkesbury faced Sydney University who set a total of 3/209.

"They smashed us around and I thought they had it at that point," said Mckay.

"But Pete Forrest went off and banged smashed them everywhere."

Forrest hit 106 from just 41 balls, including 10 sixes and six fours. Mizzi again added 83 from just 38 balls, leading Hawkesbury to a win in the sixteenth over.