Cruise the Pacific this summer
Enjoy a tropical getaway to the South Pacific onboard Celebrity Solstice from just $999 when you book this month. Plus, get up to 50 per cent off for kids. Celebrity Cruises said the Solstice is one of their most award-winning ships and includes an art gallery and Lawn Club.
Solstice Summer sailings include the nine-night South Pacific Cruise which departs Sydney on December 14, 2019 and visits Noumea, New Caledonia, Mystery Island and Vila, Vanuatu; and Lifou, Loyalty Island. Interior room now from $999 per person, twin share.
Or if you choose the 10-night getaway cruise, departing Sydney on January 4, 2020, you visit the above destinations plus Mare in New Caledonia. Prices start at $1,249 per person, twin share for an interior room.
Offer is valid for new bookings made between now and Wednesday December 18 2019 made on Celebrity Cruises sailings of four nights or longer. Visit celebritycruises.com
Save US$500 on an adventure to India's 'Lost World'
The remote states of north-east India will take centre stage on an upcoming motorbike tour offered by Nomadic Knights in March, 2020. Australians can save US$500 per person on the adventure tour, if booked by December 15, 2019.
Highlights of the tour include visiting all 'seven sisters' states of North East India, crossing the mighty Brahmaputra River, visiting a colourful and peaceful Buddhist monastery and riding through the rugged and ever-changing terrain. Along the journey, travellers will stay in hotels, inns and resorts and enjoy delicious and authentic chai tea. The route will eventually take guests back to their starting point at Guwahati.
The 14-night 'India's Lost World' ride begins on March 14, 2020, and is available for US$4480 for riders, including the US$500 discount if booked by December 15, 2019. Use the code ILW500 when booking.
Fares include accommodation, bike hire, breakfasts, dinners and mechanical and logistical support throughout the trip. Flights to India are extra. Visit www.nomadicknights.com
New five-star hotel in Cairns
Crystalbrook Collection's second five-star Cairns hotel, Bailey, which opened earlier this month, is in the heart of Cairns cultural precinct and close to the Esplanade boardwalk and lagoon.
Each of the group's six hotels and resorts draw inspiration from interiors, art, design, music, food and technology to create distinct and tailored experiences for its guests.
The Cairns hotel features dedicated art spaces in the public areas as well as celebrating a different artist on each of the 12 floors. It also has several dining options including fine dining, a bar and grill, milk bar and early next year Pachamama will offer a stylish fusion of Latin flavours.
Bailey has an opening special for advance purchases of $199 per night in an Urban King room. Bookings can be made by visiting cyrstalbrookcollection.com/bailey.
Shop in NSW's Central West for Christmas
Businesses in Central NSW are encouraging Christmas shoppers to take a 'shop-cation' road-trip to stock up on quality, home-made gifts, and buy from the bush, rather than mass-produced goods from overseas.
Central NSW Tourism has put together a list of destinations for a shopping trail or to visit online. The region begins two-hours' drive west from Sydney and includes Oberon, Bathurst, Orange, Cowra, Millthorpe and Parkes. The list includes several Christmas markets:
- Bathurst Outdoor Expo and Christmas Markets, 16-17 November. A wide variety of exhibitors filling the three pavilions of the Bathurst Showground. Enjoy the festival atmosphere with food and market stalls, entertainment and rides. https://bathurstbiggestexpo.com/
- Cowra Christmas Street Festival, 6 December.Enjoy over 100 market stalls selling everything including local produce, crafts, homewares, clothing, jewellery, and food. https://visitcowra.com.au/cowra-christmas-street-festival
- Oberon Farmers Christmas Market, 7 December. Buy direct from the stalls of local businesses selling beeswax candles, patchwork quilts, beautiful chopping boards, craft and produce. https://www.facebook.com/marketsoberon/
- Forbes Christmas Carnival, Friday 13 December. Market stalls, food and beverage stalls, activities for children, jumping castle, dancing, giant games, stage entertainment and musicians
- Millfest Street Festival, 14 December. An end of year street festival in Millthorpe's historic Pym Street with live music, stalls, local wine, beer and food. https://www.facebook.com/MillthorpeMillfest/
To plan your shop-cation roadtrip to Central NSW go to www.visitcentralnsw.com.au