Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients for four
- 500g fresh potato gnocchi
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small bunch sage, leaves removed
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 350g mixed mushrooms, slice larger mushrooms (we used a mix of button, Shiitake, Swiss Brown buttons and King Brown mushroom varieties)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Grated parmesan, leafy green salad and lemon wedges, to serve
What you do
- Cook gnocchi following packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sage and cook for a few minutes until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbs oil and onion to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms, garlic and chilli flakes. Cook, tossing often, for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are hot. Add wine, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and toss through gnocchi. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fried sage. Serve with grated parmesan, a leafy green salad and lemon wedges.