The 133rd annual Hawkesbury Show kicks off today, with gates open to the public from 9am.
As always, Hawkesbury Showground [Racecourse Road, Clarendon] will be a hive of activity, showcasing the finest in local produce and the sturdiest examples of the region's livestock.
There will be all manner of arts and crafts in display, trade stalls, rides and treats for the tummy, and of course showbags aplenty.
Many school students are expected to make their way to the showground to take part in a series of educational workshops scheduled to run throughout the day.
The schedule for today, Friday, May 10, is as follows:
- 9am - Agility Dog Competition
- 10am - Agricultural Education Day
- 10.30am - Dairy milking demonstration
- 10.30am - Racing Pigs
- 11.00 am - Live Reptile Show
- 11.30am - Hawkesbury Working Kelpies
- 12.00pm - Live Reptile Show
- 12.00pm - Dairy milking demonstration
- 12.30pm - Racing Pigs
- 1pm - Hawkesbury Working Kelpies
- 1.30pm - Dairy milking demonstration
- 1.30pm - Live Reptile Show
- 2pm - Racing Pigs
- 2.30pm - Live Reptile Show
- 3pm - Hawkesbury Working Kelpies
- 3.30pm - Live Reptlie Show
- 4pm - Pig Racing
- 4pm - Six Bar Jumping - Main Arena
- 4.30pm - Hawkesbury Working Kelpies
- 6pm - Isuzu D-Max Precision Driving team - Main Arena
- 6.15pm - Showtime FMX Team - Main Arena
- 6.30pm - Team D-Max Car Soccer - Main Arena
- 7.45pm - Kick For Cash Competition - Main Arena
- 8.30pm - Isuzu D-Max Precision Driving team - Main Arena
- 8.45pm - Showtime FMX Team - Main Arena
- 9pm - Fireworks - Main Arena
Gates will close at 11pm.
Aside from the abovementioned events, which take place at various sites around the showground, there are the various pavilions to explore and any animal classes to take in.
For more details visit the show website.