Buttsworth Industrial Supplies have come a long way from their humble origins in George Street, Windsor.
Founded by Pat Buttsworth in 1948 the company was originally known as Buttsworth Earthmoving.
The company employed 25 people to manufacture and export the world famous Buttsworth Scoop. The scoop was invented by Pat who was a pioneer of welding in the area.
In 1952 when the scoops became famous Pat moved from George Street to a larger premises in Macquarie Street. When the Windsor Industrial Area opened in 1972 Pat built the current factory in Walker Street, South Windsor. Jeff and his son Paul took over the business from Pat, Jeff’s father, in 1982. The company name was then changed to Buttsworth Engineering.