Six people escaped unharmed from a fire that began in the garage of a Windsor home yesterday (Monday).
Hawkesbury police stated one of six occupants of the James Ruse Close home noticed smoke coming from the garage of the premises shortly before midday on July 9.
“On inspection a fire was noted in a work area of the garage,” a Hawkesbury police spokesman said.
“A resident rang 000 and Richmond Fire Brigade responded. Windsor police attended along with further fire brigades from Riverstone and Cranebrook.
“All occupants had evacuated to the street.”
The fire was put out shortly before 1pm and no one was reported as injured, the spokesman said.
Renovations were being carried out at the premises and investigators believe there could have been issues around the area of a power board in the garage.
Investigations into the fire are continuing, the spokesman said.