House fire in Castle Hill

A fire caused minimal damage to a Castle Hill home on Wednesday.

Emergency services were called to the house fire in Bennet Place at about 1pm.

Firefighters detected smoke rising from the roof and donned breathing apparatus to climb on top of the house.

They removed some tiles to find a smouldering fire in the ceiling, which they believe was probably caused by an electrical fault.

Firefighters extinguished the small blaze and remained on the scene to ensure its safety.

Damage was restricted to the roof and there were no reports of injuries.

This story House fire in Castle Hill first appeared on Hills News.