Your new organisation
This Federal Government department works to ensure Australians can experience the wellbeing and economic benefits that quality education, skills and employment provide.
The department is currently recruiting for a number of roles across multiple disciplines.
Your new role
Depending on your role and level you will be responsible for:
- Conducting research and contributing to the development of evidence-based policy advice and analysis.
- Assisting in the development of various policy documents for the respective team and the branch.
- Conducting economic analysis to address a range of policy issues relating to the VET and skills sector.
- Contributing to program development and implementation
- Providing expertise and knowledge of project management to promote best practice
What you'll need to succeed
We are seeking applications for Policy Officers/Managers, Economists, Program Officers and Senior Project Officers ranging from APS6 - EL1. In order to succeed you will need demonstrated experience in:
- Knowledge of the Australian economy and labour market, including experience analysing relevant data sources
- Sound judgement and strategic skills, with strong analytical, research and conceptual capacity to support effective decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical experts and consultants to produce documents such as frameworks, methodologies and technical papers
- Qualifications and/or extensive experience in policy, program management, contract management, business, law, or related fields
- High levels of interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to ensure deliverables contribute to achieving a large-scale reform
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a competitive hourly rate and contracts until EOFY with possible 12 month extensions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2482401