Lead Track Engineer - Sydney or Hawkesbury
Exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative Track Engineer to head up and lead the delivery of bespoke track projects for a global tier 1 company!
My client is innovative and world class – And you are an experienced Track Engineer looking to have the freedom to create designs and see your ideas impact the rail industry for years and decades to come!
Based in either Sydney or within the Hawkesbury region, this unique role of Lead Rail Track Engineer will principally focus on overseeing and carrying out the design, engineering, estimation, and creation of manufacturing packages for the company and its many other tier 1 rail clients.
This is a very people centric and solution based role, and the ideal candidate must possess not only the creative flair of producing new and innovative Track products and designs/ideas, but also have a “Make friends and influence people” mentality as you will be at the forefront of relationship building with both new and existing stakeholders, as well as oversee other Track Engineers and members of the team in order to get your vision and concepts realised.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Be directly involved and where needed oversee the activities of the Engineering group
- Lead the Design and innovation of state-of-the-art components for heavy haul and conventional market that establishes leadership in the marketplace and grow the business
- Oversee the Engineering, detailing and continuous improvement of standardised designs and associated work packages for all current products in our range
- Project Management of key projects to ensure all aspects are planned and executed by the organisation to deliver in full and on time
- Manage key technical and design issues that create barriers to supply into chosen markets
- Liaise with customers on site to problem solve, investigate and advise the most effective solutions to their specific track issue
Qualifications & Training:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Equivalent
- Unrestricted and full work rights in Australia (No sponsorship is available with this role
Experience and knowledge:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with Rail (Track) Industry and Turnout component design within Australia or New Zealand
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in 3D drafting and or FEA modelling
- Project Management experience
- Knowledge of methods used to reduce cost and improve efficiencies in like maintenance and service operations
- Continuous improvement attitude and focus with demonstrated achievement
- Must have intimate up to date knowledge of the rail market and key specifiers
- Systems thinking ability
- Self-directed professional who plans, prepares, and executes
- Ability to influence and engage stakeholders (internal & external)
- Effective Communicator
- Has the ability to lead but also to be part of the team
- Possess good ethical behaviour
In return for your efforts, you would be paid a very attractive salary, and be part of a fantastic organization that value their employees and reward them for their hard work and achievements!
If you like sound of the above and would like to know more about this once in a lifetime opportunity, please contact Louise Palmer on email@example.com or via the reply function for a confidential discussion today!