Mikcon is A privately owned civil contractor with highly skilled and experienced crews specialising in metropolitan, regional and remote civil and infrastructure construction projects across multiple industry sectors. Established on the east coast of Australia, Mikcon has the capability to deploy experienced crews Australia wide.
Our team of 80 employees includes experienced project managers, engineers, supervisors, skilled and qualified operators, mechanics pipelayers and welders. Mikcon has an equipment management plan that covers proactive maintenance and a fleet renewal strategy that ensures late model equipment with latest safety features are available for projects for which we are hiring an Civil Engineer.
As the Civil Engineering you will be responsible for:
- Maintain and update a short and medium term project plan including schedules and costs for the ongoing TSF raises and evaporation pond works.
- Oversee development projects, control and direct project status, and initiate corrective action to deliver projects on time and cost. Ensuring project compliance and quality are achieved while identifying improvement opportunities.
- Development of construction and commissioning management plans.
- Managing construction contracts, including verification of progress claims, management of variations and site instructions.
- Keeping Production Manager, Project Contracts Administrators and Project Cost Controllers informed of progress and any variations or deviations from plans.
- Inspections and tests are completed and recorded.
- All contractor technical queries are addressed.
- Ensure accurate measures of work progress for each contractor is completed.
- Set and maintain a high safety and environment standard.