Your new company
A well-respected foreign branch bank who offer corporate and institutional banking in Sydney.
Your new role
As Compliance Manager, Reporting into the Head, you will cover the below responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for AML/CTF function of the bank and AUSTRAC reporting
- Onboarding new clients, periodic reviews of existing clients, ECDD, SMR, sanctions alerts and customer risk assessments
- Keep abreast of AML/CTF related compliance and regulatory requirements and update relevant compliance policies and procedures accordingly
- Perform regular compliance assurance and control testing to ensure compliance with AML/CTF regulatory requirements and their implementation effectiveness
- Keep abreast of Head Office AML/CTF related internal control & compliance policies and reporting requirements, including updating local AML policies where fit
- Assist in promoting a robust compliance culture including implementation of routine compliance training and compliance induction
- Participate in risk event investigation, compliance self-assessment exercise and compliance risk assessment exercises, especially those related to AML
- Drafting reports to HO or senior management
- Drafting and vetting contracts with 3rd party service providers
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualification in a related discipline is preferred
- Over three years experience in the Australian market ideally working in AML/CTF
- Any AML/CTF qualifications would be desirable
- Native language ability in Mandarin, fluent speaking and writing in English.
- Quick learner and able to pick things up quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
This role offers excellent AML compliance exposure for someone in the highly regulated banking sector. It’s a broad remit role in a foreign branch offering guidance to the business and ensuring a robust compliance culture against Financial Crime.
What you need to do now
Please click APPLY NOW, email your CV firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02 8226 9752.
LHS 297508 #2551488