A man from Cammeray has been fined $1320 and slammed with 12 demerit points after he was caught transporting two kids in the boot of his SUV.
Hawkesbury Highway Patrol stopped a blue Ford Kuga station wagon on Hawkesbury Valley Way, Clarendon as they could see two young children in the rear cargo area of the vehicle at about 11.40am on Thursday.
On speaking to the 72 year old driver the officer discovered a six year old boy was also unrestrained without a booster seat, and a 16 year old male was also not wearing his seat belt.
In total the officer found the occupants of the vehicle travelling as follows:
- 7 year old female travelling in the cargo area
- 9 year old female travelling in the cargo area
- 6 year old male unrestrained (and with no booster seat) in centre rear seat
- 16 year old male unrestrained nearside rear
- Female front passenger wearing seat belt
- 12 year old female rear offside passenger wearing seat belt
The driver was fined on the spot.