WHILE Colo and Freemans Reach Anzac Day services got in early this year on April 9, there are still five others you can attend.
- Sunday, April 23, 2.30pm at Richmond Park cenotaph. Light refreshments after.
- Tuesday, April 25, 5am at Kurrajong Memorial Park.
- Tuesday, April 25, 5am, Richmond Park war memorial. Assemble at 4.45am.
- Tuesday, April 25, 5.50am at McQuade Park at Windsor. Windsor RSL Sub-branch members assemble at 5.30am for march to cenotaph.
- Tuesday, April 25, Wilberforce Park at 9am. Assemble at 8.45am.
Before Richmond RSL Sub-branch’s Sunday service on April 23 it is also inviting members to the 9.30 mass at St Monica's Richmond, which will include a short remembrance service.
Publicist Tom Hamilton said service and ex-servicemen and women are requested to wear their medals. On conclusion of the church service, Sub-branch members will move to Richmond War Cemetery, where a graveside service will be conducted.
Eligible Richmond RSL Sub-branch members are also invited to march to the afternoon remembrance service at Richmond war memorial. Come to the Sub-branch in West Market Street at 2pm for assembly at 2.15 and march off at 2.30.
“As in past years descendants of ex-servicemen and women are welcome to march behind their own banner displaying their loved ones’ medals or mementos,” Mr Hamilton said. “At the conclusion of the service light refreshments will be served at the Sub-branch.”
After the Richmond dawn service on April 25 it will offer a light breakfast in the carpark behind the Sub-branch for a gold coin.
After the McQuade Park Anzac Day service, Windsor RSL Club has a ‘gunfire breakfast’ and a two-up game.
Richmond Club has free breakfast for servicemen and women on Anzac Day and a commemorative service at 9.30am.
Windsor’s Anzac Day dawn service will be broadcast on Hawkesbury Radio 89.9 FM from 5.45am. You can also listen on www.hawkesburyradio.com.au. Click on the “Listen Live” button near the top.