PROSPECT residents are determined to ensure a proposed kebab meat preparation factory complies if it gets approved on Wednesday night.
More than 150 residents signed a petition to oppose the proposed Stoddart Road development. Concerns included noise, smell, traffic and decrease in house values.
"The little people have been forgotten about," Emma Sercan said.
"The premises was originally going to operate 24/7. We live in a nice and clean area and we want to keep it that way."
Early-morning garbage collection was previously a problem for neighbouring residents.
"There were people taking sick days because they were being woken at 2am by the trucks and couldn't get back to sleep," Ms Sercan said.
"It had a negative impact on residents' lives and their ability to function."
The applicant has amended operating hours to between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday with cleaning to occur up to 8pm on these days. It has requested the one delivery of kebabs to customers between 2am and 5am once a fortnight.
A Blacktown Council report said residents concerns have since been addressed.
"Provided the operation occurs in the manner outlined, the proposal will not impact on the surrounding residential area," the report states.
The report is expected to be adopted despite opposition from independent Russ Dickens.
"It's likely the applicant would take the council to the Land and Environment Court if it's not approved but I still think it's wrong for the adjoining residents," Cr Dickens said.
Ms Sercan added: "If the applicant breaks the rules, we will keep complaining."
What do you think? Your say at blacktownsun.com.au